Courses, Teachers, and Credits
The curriculum of READI Summer School was designed to offer diverse opportunities to broaden your knowledge and to improve your skills in the psychology of reading and learning, with a special emphasis on reading and learning in the digital world.
- Morning lectures will provide cross-cutting, state of the art perspectives on important topics in the field. All morning lectures are given by internationally renowned experts.
- Hot-topic sessions provide a chance to work with one of our teachers in depth on a current topic of interest based on selected papers. The outcome will not only be a deeper insight into the matter. You might as well develop new research questions, and ideally, this will set off a long-lasting collaboration. Select hot-topic sessions will also offer the possibility to discuss your own research (e.g., dissertation projects) with the expert teachers and your fellows. Hot-topic sessions will last for one or two days, and you may choose from several topics being offered.
- Our workshops are geared towards improving important methodological skills. Workshops last one day, and you may choose up to four workshops from several being offered.
Click here to see the detailed course program.
Invited speakers for the morning lectures:
- Prof. Dr. Cordula Artelt, University of Bamberg, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Rainer Bromme, University of Münster, Germany
- Prof. Panayiota Kendeou, PhD, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA
- Prof. Jean-Francois Rouet, PhD, University of Poitiers/Centre de la recherche sûr la cognition et l'apprentissage, Poitiers, France
- Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Schneider, University of Würzburg, Germany
Invited teachers of hot-topic sessions or workshops:
- Prof. Monica Macedo-Rouet, PhD, University of Paris, France
- Prof. Dr. Johannes Naumann, University of Wuppertal, Germany
- Dr. Juliane Richter, Leibniz-Institut für Wissensmedien, Tübingen, Germany
- Dr. Anne Schüler, Leibniz-Institut für Wissensmedien, Tübingen, Germany
- Dr. Sebastian Wallot, Max-Planck-Institute of Empirical Aesthetics, Frankfurt, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Markus Appel, Media Communication
- Dr. Andrea Beinicke, Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Dr. Katharina Diergarten, Developmental Psychology
- Prof. Dr. Silke Grafe, School Pedagogy
- Prof. Dr. Lynn Huestegge, General Psychology
- Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Lenhard, Educational Psychology
- Prof. Dr. Gerhild Nieding, Developmental Psychology
- PD Dr. Peter Marx, Educational Psychology
- Dr. Christoph Mengelkamp
- Dr. Hannes Münchow, Educational Psychology
- PD Dr. Frank Niklas, Educational Psychology
- Maren Oberländer, Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Dr. Aleksandra Pieczykolan, General Psychology
- Benjamin Piest, Educational Psychology
- Prof. Dr. Tobias Richter, Educational Psychology
- Dr. Julia Schindler, Educational Psychology
- Benedikt Seger, Developmental Psychology
- Christian Seyferth-Zapf, School Pedagogy
- Dr. Wienke Wannagat, Developmental Psychology
In line with the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS), all successful participants of READI Summer School will receive a detailed Certificate of Attendance and a certificate of 5 ECTS points.